Inclusion Matters Wins Prestigious Award for Work in the Community
Monday 20 March 2017
We are proud to announce that our Inclusion Matters service has won the Community Impact Award at Lisburn and Castlereagh’s 2017 Mayor's Community Awards. The team were presented with their award at a special event held in Le Mon Hotel on Thursday 16th March.
Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council offer their Mayor’s Community Awards in partnership with Volunteer Now, South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust and the Education Authority.
The aim of the awards is to recognise the valuable contribution and time commitment of individuals and groups across the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area and the Community Impact Award is awarded to projects which are changing the community for the better.
Speaking at the event our Community Inclusion Officer for the Lisburn area, Mairead Hamer commented: "It was great for Cedar Inclusion Matters programme in Lisburn to get recognition for the work we have done and the progress we have made in the past few years. The Lisburn service users are very motivated and love to get involved in the community. It can be a challenge but we are overcoming this by building links in the local community and working as a team to look at new activities to take part in. I couldn't be prouder to work for Cedar and for having such motivated, committed service users."
Our Inclusion Matters team supports people with disabilities, especially those who experience isolation, to build new social networks within their local communities. The service is focused on encouraging peer support and enabling user-led networking to help participants become involved in social, leisure and recreational opportunities within their local area. Inclusion Matters operates within the South Eastern Health Social Care Trust in North Down & Ards, Lisburn and Downpatrick, and in the Belfast Health & Social Care Trust. If you would like to find out more please follow this link.
Find a Related Service
- Foyle youth group build skills while clowning around! 28 Mar 2017
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015