Bowling for Success with SCN!
Thursday 12 January 2017
A bowling group set up by several members from our Lisburn Social and Community Network group is continuing to strike it lucky at Lisburn Bowl. Project Officer Mairead Hamer explained that following the regular swimming and gym sessions at Lisburn LesiurePlex the group began to gather for a few games. It now comprises of 5-10 service users who attend independently but work together to ensure everyone enjoys this competitive activity.
Service User Brian McMaster said: “I enjoy bowling each week. It’s good craic. I’ve lots of friends and I enjoy being able to help others too. I go to the gym before it and I enjoy when we go for dinner. Before I started Cedar I didn’t go out much…now I’m never in!”
Cedar’s Social and Community Network programmes aim to help connect servicer users with others, make and maintain friendships and explore the opportunities available in the local community. We provide support for each network but also aim to support participants move towards independent management of their networks.
The group hope to continue meeting in 2017. Let the good times roll!
- Foyle youth group build skills while clowning around! 28 Mar 2017
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015