Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services!
Friday 25 November 2016
Cedar Foundation were delighted to welcome the Mayor of Derry City & Strabane District Council Alderman Hilary McClintock to their premises in Springtown on Wednesday 23rd November to showcase their services in the North West. Cedar, which this year celebrates its 75th anniversary, is renowned for its work in delivering exceptional services for both children and adults with physical disabilities, autism, brain injury and long-term health conditions.
Services include support to return to work or training, housing support, specialist services for children and adults with autism, short breaks services for children and young people and transitions services. Many of Cedar’s services are delivered through close partnership working with statutory, voluntary and community sector groups, but most importantly in partnership with our service users.
At the event Mayor McClintock heard directly from service users about their experiences of Cedar and the impact this has had on their day to day lives. Brian Murray, Regional Chair of Cedar’s User Forum also attended and told her about the important work the User Forum does in representing the voice of people with disability. Speaking at the event Breeda Doherty, Services Manager for the Employability & Inclusion service, said “today has been a great opportunity to highlight the work we are doing in the area to Mayor McClintock and to let her see those services in action”.
One of the participants on the Inclusion Works service, Eamon Faulkner, told how Cedar had supported him to develop his skills after acquiring a brain injury "Cedar has been a great help in keeping me focused on my studies and completing tasks essential for my future. By monitoring my progress they've provided a stimulus for me to achieve university entrance qualifications, through which I intend to secure employment".
Mayor McClintock commented at the end of her visit "It was a pleasure to meet with staff and users of the Cedar Foundation today and learn more about the wide range of services that they provide. I received a very warm welcome in the centre and was most impressed by their professionalism and dedication to those with disabilities, autism or brain injury.”
Cedar delivers a large range of services centred around the individual needs of each client that enable users to lead a fuller and more inclusive life. Cedar’s Inclusion Works service is funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund Programme 2014 – 2020, the Department for the Economy and the 5 Heath & Social Care Trusts in NI.
- Foyle youth group build skills while clowning around! 28 Mar 2017
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015