On Yer Bike Wins Belfast Sports Award for Healthy Lifestyle
Thursday 14 April 2016
On Yer Bike received an award at the Belfast Sports Awards 2016.
Presented by Dame Mary Peters, the Healthy Lifestyle Award recognises the contribution of an individual or group going the extra mile in promoting a healthy city. On Yer Bike has made a positive impact on raising the profile and increasing awareness of the physical and mental health benefits of an active lifestyle.
Cedar’s cycling projects support people with disabilities to get more active. We have a range of specialised cycling equipment which allow people with a range of disabilities, including mobility and visual impairments to enjoy and confidently participate in cycling.
The On Yer Bike Cycling Club was set up in August 2015 in Belfast and now has 45 members who meet regularly to cycle using our fleet of accessible bicycles. Club members use the Mary Peter’s track and other off-road facilities to get involved in accessible cycling to improve their physical fitness and general health & well-being. Our “On Yer Bike Kidz” project aims to promote healthy living and increase physical activity among young people with disabilities in Belfast by delivering cycling proficiency training.
For more information, please visit the On Yer Bike section of our website or click here!
Find a Related Service
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015