Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin
Tuesday 02 February 2016
The Cedar Foundation launched their new Regional Resource Centre on January 27, at Ravenhill Reach, Belfast. The event is the first celebration marking their 75 years supporting people with disabilities.
The launch was an opportunity to showcase the range of Community Services that Cedar provides. Those designed to support disabled children, young people and their families to be more involved in their communities, through transitional support, respite and youth programmes. Alongside, those that support adults with disabilities to increase their social and community networking opportunities in the local community as an alternative to traditional day support.
Simon Hamilton, Minister for Health, Social Services and Public Safety, who attended the launch said ““Today I have seen at first hand the good work that the Cedar Foundation does and how this work contributes to improving the lives of people with disabilities. I have met children, young people and their carers who have told me about the invaluable help and support they have received from Ravenhill Reach and the Cedar Foundation. I also met members of the Cedar User Forum who work in partnership with HSC Trusts and it is clear how important this forum is to ensure that people with disabilities have a voice”.
Peter Gay, Cedar Chairman said “On behalf of all at Cedar I would like to thank the Minister for opening Ravenhill Reach Resource Centre today and in doing so initiating a year of events to celebrate our 75th Anniversary. The new Centre will act as a regional resource to support Children and Adults with disabilities across NI. It is statement of our commitment to deliver innovative services built on collaboration and partnership.”
Cedar looks forward to continuing their celebrations with a number of planned recognition events to highlight the achievements of their service users, staff and volunteers throughout the year.
- Social Evening Strikes it Right4U! 27 Feb 2017
- Karuna Residents Golden Ticket to a Great Day! 17 Feb 2017
- Jackieís Coastal Adventures in County Down 08 Feb 2017
- Celebrating in Style: Luxury Adventure for Geraldine! 30 Jan 2017
- Floating Support helps Terry Find and Settle Into a New Home 20 Jan 2017
- Bowling for Success with SCN! 12 Jan 2017
- Living Options Focus: Celebrations at Mourneview 09 Jan 2017
- Happy New Year from Cedar! 05 Jan 2017
- Getting Festive with Foyle's Youth Matters 16 Dec 2016
- Showcase Performance Brings Insight To Travelling With a Disability 09 Dec 2016
- Citizens Advice Bureau Working With Cedar Foundation 28 Nov 2016
- Cedar Balmoral Showcase Inclusion Works Service! 25 Nov 2016
- Mayor Visits as Cedar Foyle Showcase Services! 25 Nov 2016
- Training for Success! 22 Nov 2016
- Gillian Craig Going the Extra Mile for Cedar! 15 Nov 2016
- Cedar announced as NI Assembly Charity of the Year 07 Oct 2016
- Cedar Celebrates Service Users with Award Ceremony 12 Sep 2016
- Paul Ewart's Story 08 Sep 2016
- A Fruitful Partnership 02 Sep 2016
- Congratulations to Odhran! 30 Aug 2016
- Brian launches new Independent Counselling Service following support from Cedar 19 Aug 2016
- Local Summer Scheme is Steeped in Success 09 Aug 2016
- Peter Wilson Leading the Way! 07 Jun 2016
- Diamonds of Social Inclusion - we celebrate 75 years of Cedar 03 Jun 2016
- Cedarís 75th Celebrations Begin 02 Feb 2016
- Christmas has well and truly arrived at Youth Matters! 23 Dec 2015